As you can see our day started out quite peacefully. It was around 11:30 a.m. that the storm hit. I could hear it coming, the thunder in the distance, that is why I called Steve at work and left a message for him to put the scooter under cover. Then the electricity went out and the storm hit. It was so sudden and so hard that I thought we were like in the middle of a tornado. The house was shaking the wind howling, the hail was beating on our swamp coller. You couldn't even see the grass in the yard the rain or hail coming down was so thick. It was intense and scary and then when it ended I went outside and found the neighborhood in array. Trees down everywhere. I saw a neighbor taking pictures so I went out and took some of my own. I also got video of it. I saw my neighbor's niece get home with a cell phone so we went over and called our husbands. They didn't even know that we had been hit so hard. Then I noticed powerlines down the street next to us, we live on a corner. I couldn't see them at first becasue they were all in houses. I am told only two of them missed houses, one being the pole hangin over our neighbors house. They evacuted that street and put us on standby. Then Steve showed up, his bud drove him over since he had the scooter. They scoped out the area and while here a fireman told us that we might not have power all day so if we needed shelter to go to the school. We took off to Grandma and Grandpa Lewis'. We hung out with Uncle Dave, then when we heard that the power was going to be out for two to four days so we decided to meet Steve at home and take our food to his parents. Grandma Richter and Auntie Jujee and Raeane come over and then home with me. While here, before we packed up the power come on for us so we are staying. We went for a walk to see the damage and make sure Steve's families he home teaches were ok, and it is amazing that our house still stands. We are so blessed, and wanted everyone to know that we are ok.

 Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 year haitus...